By using this Website and/or joining a Membership, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
“Membership” means any of our online memberships available on this Website, being online courses providing yoga and meditation classes, resources and other content;
“We” means Alison Howes ABN 43 210 346 207 trading as “Devi Shakti”;
“Website” means our website, www.devishakti.com.au; and
“You” means any user of this Website or the Membership.
Nature of Information
Any information provided under this Website, including blog posts, or a Membership are of a general nature only. Information provided by Devi Shakti is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Use of This Website
- Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure that this Website is free from viruses, we make no such warranty that it is, and it is your responsibility to ensure that this Website does not expose you to any viruses or other code that is harmful or may cause harm.
- You must only use this Website for lawful purposes, which may include:
- browsing any part of this Website solely in order to view it; and
- joining a Membership.
- Email addresses, contact forms and any other communication forms that appear on this Website are for professional communications only and must not be used to send unsolicited messages.
- The price for a Membership and its inclusions will be displayed on this Website. Prices are in Australian dollars and excluding GST unless otherwise stated.
- To join a Membership, you will be required to register an account with us. By registering an account, you agree that all information provided by you is true and correct and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete, and accurate.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account.
- You will be required to pay for the Membership in full at the time you purchase a Membership. Payment is accepted by credit card.
- When you purchase a Membership, you will receive a confirmation email from us. Your Membership is not accepted by us until we have confirmed your Membership.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer hardware, software and Internet connection is sufficient to enable you to access the Membership content. We make no additional warranties that the Membership material will be accessible by you and will not be held liable for hardware, software or Internet connectivity faults.
- You have a number of rights and consumer guarantees under Australian Consumer Law, including that services, including the Membership, are fit for purpose, provided with acceptable levels of care and skill, and provided within a reasonable time-period.
- Please contact us if you have any issues or concerns with the Membership and provide proof of payment.
- If there has been a problem with the Membership, we will refund the price of the Membership to your original payment method. Your access to the Membership will be terminated in such circumstances.
- We do not offer refunds where you insisted on having the Membership provided in a particular way against our advice, failed to clearly explain your needs to us, or simply changed your mind.
- Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude any of your statutory rights as a consumer under Australian Consumer Law.
- In addition to your rights under Australian Consumer Law and the Refund Policy above, we also offer a 30-day money-back warranty for the Membership.
- If, within 30 days of purchasing the Membership, you are not satisfied with the Membership, we will refund the price of the Membership to your original payment method at your request. Please note that we cannot refund the cost of any credit card surcharges or other bank fees paid upon purchase.
- Your access to the Membership will be terminated in such circumstances.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including legal fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this Website or your breach of these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- Except as otherwise provided at law, we make no additional warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness or fitness for any purpose of the contents of this Website.
- This Website may contain links to external websites. We do not control the content of those websites or endorse them in any way and accept no liability in relation to the quality or accuracy of any content on other websites or of any breaches of law by those other websites.
- To the extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility and exclude all liability to you on any basis for any loss or damage, however caused, which you may suffer in relation to your use of this Website.
- Unless otherwise indicated, we own or have the rights to use:
- all copyright in this Website, the Membership and their contents; and
- any trade names or trade marks associated with the Website and the Membership.
- You must not in any way copy, reproduce, replicate or imitate any of our Memberships or their contents without our prior written consent.
- You must not in any way reproduce, publish, communicate or adapt any part of this Website, including any these terms and conditions, without our prior written consent.
- We reserve all rights in relation to all intellectual property.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you.
- Parts of this Website may not be updated regularly and may therefore be out of date.
- If any part of any of these terms and conditions is void, then the part that is void may be severed.
- These terms and conditions, your use of this Website and any dispute arising out of these are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.